Types Of Information We Gather From You
The information we gather is used for many purposes, including customizing your user experience, providing convenience during purchasing operations, and providing you with customized information on products and services we think you'll want to know more about. Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: You may choose to enter information into our websites or apps. We receive and store all information you provide to us. You are not required to enter information simply to view our websites, but you will often be required to enter information in order to access free online activities, order goods, or purchase and/or use downloadable digital content. The information we request will include your name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number. We may also request other information, such as age, gender, and occupation information.
- Automatic Information: Whenever you view our websites, and in certain cases, whenever you interact with apps, we receive and store certain types of information. For example, like many websites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses our websites or advertisements and other content served by us or on our behalf on other websites. Depending on the settings in place on your Web browser, and in connection with certain apps, we may collect information regarding your location and the status of the device you are using to access our websites. Web-enabled apps may provide additional automatic information, such as time and manner of use of the app.
- Email Communications: During the process of establishing a customer account and purchasing products through our websites, we will obtain your email address. We may receive a confirmation email when you open email from us. If you do not want to receive email or other mail from us, you may opt-out during the registration process and you may unsubscribe by following links at the bottom of certain messages. However, you may be required to receive and open emails from us and click on confirmation links in order to complete certain registration or purchasing processes.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. For example, we sell products through wholesale distributors and retail stores, and these companies often provide us with information about their customers.
- Cookies: Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser. These cookies let our systems identify you when you access our websites, so that we can provide access to saved payment and account information, personalized advertisements, storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits, recommendations for products, and other enhancements to your experience on our websites. Many browsers allow you to restrict or disable cookies—check the "Help" or "Settings" or similar buttons on your browser interface. However, if you block or otherwise reject our cookies, you will not be able to use many features of our websites, including storing items in a Shopping Cart, using stored payment information, purchasing items, or accessing your account.
- Online Behavior: In order to track web site usage, we use Google Analytics, which does not allow the collection of personal identifiable information. In order to better understand what data is collected and how it is used, please check their Terms of Service and Safeguarding Policy. To opt-out of Google Analytics tracking, click here.
How We Share Your Information
We do not sell personally identifiable information about our customers to other persons or companies. We share customer information only as described below. Information shared may take one of two forms: (1) personally identifiable information, which is information that includes your name or physical street address, and (2) aggregate information, which is information about our customers generally that does not identify you by name or physical street address, but may include information about your purchases, website browsing and searching characteristics, general location (i.e., region, state, or city), and demographic information.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with other businesses. In particular, we provide many products (including apps and digital content) through wholesale distributors, online retailers, and "brick and mortar" retailers. These affiliated businesses may operate special online Carson Dellosa stores, or we may operate online stores specific to the affiliated businesses from within our websites or their websites. Pursuant to our agreements with these affiliated businesses, we may share personally identifiable information about you if you are or become an identified customer of the affiliated business. We also share aggregate information with affiliated businesses for marketing and other purposes. You will generally be notified when information about a transaction is being transferred between us and an affiliated business. We may provide the last four digits of your credit card to these affiliated businesses when confirming orders.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf, such as fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and email , removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. These service providers have access to personally identifiable information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Some of these service providers may require access to the last four digits of your credit card, and of course we provide the entire credit card number to the financial institutions and intermediaries processing credit card payments on our behalf.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we may send offers to selected groups of our customers on behalf of other businesses. However, these businesses receive only aggregate information about our customers. If you do not want to receive such offers, you may opt-out during our registration and purchasing processes, or by adjusting your account preferences.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems. All Credit Card numbers are encrypted in our system.
Third-Party Advertisers And Links To Other Websites
Our websites may include third-party advertising and links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party websites, although we do provide aggregate information to advertisers and potential advertisers.
We also may display personalized third-party advertising based on personally identifiable information about customers, such as purchases or website usage. Although we do not provide any personally identifiable information to advertisers, advertisers may assume that users who interact with or click on a personalized advertisement meet their criteria to personalize the ad.
We do not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults, including educational products. We do provide free interactive online features and activities, and we may provide apps designed for use by children. Children are not required to enter any personally identifiable information in order to use these features, activities, and apps, and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information about children.
Conditions Of Use, Notices, And Revisions
Carson Dellosa Education
7027 Albert Pick Road
Greensboro, North Carolina 27409 USA