School Purchase Order Accounts
To submit a purchase order please send a copy of your purchase order along with your tax exempt certificate to email@example.com.
For school administrators looking to purchase large orders of at-home learning resources, we now have the option to ship those products directly to your students' homes. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: School purchase order/tax exempt accounts are now required to log in with the email address associated with the account. If you need to change your email address, please either log in with the email address on the account and change the email address, call Customer Service at 800-321-0943, or email us at email@example.com.
Can anyone set up a school account to pay with a purchase order?
You must be an authorized purchaser for the school/district or an organization; only one account can be set up per school/district or an organization. This login of this account will be the email address of the account holder.
How do I sign up?
- Click 'Register' in the top of the website or first menu item in mobile (or click here).
- Check the box for "I am ordering for an institution and want to use purchase orders/tax exemptions."
- Fill out the registration form, making sure to add your school name as well as all required fields.
- Click 'Create Account'
- You will be taken to your 'My Account' page where you can edit the details or use the navigation buttons to begin shopping.
- For Tax Exemption click the "Tax Exemption Request" and fill out the details.
It may take 2–5 business days to verify and activate your account.
You are able to place orders after signing up, but those orders will be put on hold until your account has been activated. If you need an order to go through immediately, please send a copy of your purchase order to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your purchase order and a copy of the Tax Exempt Certificate.
Please call Customer Service at 800-321-0943, or email email@example.com if you need any assistance during this process.
Can I place my order online without setting up an account?
A tax-exempt order or a Purchase Order cannot be placed online without an account. A non tax-exempt order with a credit card payment may be placed online without an account.
Can I place my order online when I sign up?
After signing up, you will have the option to fill out a tax exemption request. Upon receipt of the certificate, your account activation process will begin, which can take 2–5 days to complete. You are able to place orders after signing up, but those orders will be put on hold until your account has been activated. If you need an order to go through immediately, please send a copy of your purchase order to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your purchase order and a copy of the Tax Exempt Certificate.
What can I buy with a purchase order?
You can buy any shippable item (books, stickers, bulletin board sets, pocket charts, etc.) with a purchase order. Digital items like eBooks and Printables can only be ordered online with a valid credit card.
How do I place an order?
- Click 'Login' in the top right of the website or first menu item in mobile (or click here).
- Use the email address and password you created during registration, then click 'Sign In'.
- Add products to the shopping cart.
- Enter and apply any promo or catalog codes you have, then proceed through the checkout process.
- If your tax-exempt status has been approved you will not be changed taxes. If it has not been approved yet please contact Customer Service at email@example.com or 800-321-0943.
Can anyone from my school/district or organization use the account?
The account is set up based on the contact information provided in the application. This contact will be notified of any activity on the account via email. The account is set up with the email address and a password established by the applicant. The only way another person will have access to the account is if they are given the email address and password by the contact on the account.
What is the difference between Require Purchase Orders and Accept My Order Online in the account application?
For Require Purchase Orders, you will be requested to email a copy of the school’s tax-exempt certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org. A signed Purchase Order (PO) that matches the order placed online must be emailed to Customer Service at email@example.com, along with the tax-exempt certificate before the order can be processed. If the emailed PO is not received within thirty days, the online order will be cancelled.
For Accept My Order Online, you will be requested to email a copy of the school’s tax-exempt certificate and the signed Website Sales Agreement to firstname.lastname@example.org. By signing this document, you have agreed to the Terms and Conditions of the Website Sales Agreement.
How do I find my ID or password?
The Account # is provided on the account confirmation email. The initial password is set up by the applicant in the account application. If you forgot your password, please go to Sign In and select the Forgot Password link. If you need assistance with your account, please contact Customer Service at 1-800-321-0943.
What if I have problems accessing my account?
Where do I find my account information?
- Click 'Sign In' in the grey bar at the top of the website (or click here).
- In the 'Already Registered? Sign In' section, enter your account number (provided in the registration confirmation email) and the password you created during sign-up, then click 'Sign In'.
- Upon a successful sign-in, you will be presented with your 'My Account' page, where you can access all of your account details: manage billing and shipping addresses; manage credit cards; adjust email preferences; manage your email address and password; and view order history.
If you are already signed in, simply click your name at the top right of the website (or click here).