Pocket charts are a teacher’s best friend. Not only are they durable and easily storable, but they can attach to walls, bulletin boards, or stands, making them one of the most versatile and valuable teaching tools. From scheduling and learning games to hands-on practice and more, there are tons of fresh and engaging ways to utilize pocket charts in the classroom. Check out a few strategies we’ve found to hone the power of pocket charts!
1. Our Essential: Gold Polka Dot Pocket Chart is perfect for testing review! Place your favorite flash cards in the clear slots to create a special study guide for the day and engage students with hands-on learning.
2. Foster learning that’s out of this world! Teach students about the cosmos when you use a linear visual approach. Craft the planets of our solar system using our Confetti Colorful Cut-Outs. Next, write fascinating facts about each planet on our popular Gold Glitter Stars Colorful Cut-Outs. You an then place your solar system inside our ultra stylish File Folder Storage: Gold Stars Pocket Chart. Finally, have each student read a fact and match it to the appropriate planet.
3. We understand that setting and keeping a schedule can be a struggle in your energetic classroom. But, there’s a simple and stylish solution! Place our Celebrate Learning Scheduling Printable Pocket Chart Activities in our Deluxe Scheduling: Gold Polka Dot Pocket Chart for an eye-catching display that reinforces time management skills.
4. Count on this learning technique! Looking for a fun and engaging way to review numbers? Well, there’s a pocket chart for that. Take 10 of our Mason Jars Colorful Cut-Outs and draw dots in them to represent numbers 1 to 10. Randomly place the cut-outs in the bottom section of our Essential: Gold Polka Dot Pocket Chart. In the top section, place our Student Numbers Mini Colorful Cut-Outs numbers 1 to 10. Then have each student match the Mason Jars to the Student Numbers for easy, hands-on review.
5. Fall in love with spelling! Review the alphabet and practice word usage in just a few steps (with a seasonal touch). Use a variety of our Leaves & Acorn Colorful Cut-Outs and write fall-themed words on them, minus one of the letters of each word. Then, place the cut-outs in our Essential: Gold Polka Dot Pocket Chart. Choose the corresponding missing letters from any of our fun EZ Letter collections and have students match the missing letter with the correct word.