This collection is designed to help readers in grades 5-9 understand social issues from multiple viewpoints and to articulate their own opinions. Each 48-page book explains the issue, discusses how it affects people and policy, and more.
The Shaping the Debate Classroom Collection is designed to help readers better understand social issues from multiple viewpoints and to articulate their own opinions. This 6-book collection includes one book on each of the following topics:
- Defining and Discussing Immigration
- Defining and Discussing Human Rights
- Defining and Discussing Women's Rights
- Defining and Discussing Freedom of the Press
- Defining and Discussing Climate Change
- Defining and Discussing Free Speech
Each book in this series explains the title issue and how it affects people and policy; introduces people and movements involved in bringing awareness to the issue; highlights applicable major U.S. laws, judicial decisions, and progressive to moderate to conservative viewpoints; and touches on global implications of activism, awareness, and policy change.