This collection models positive approaches for handling a variety of social/emotional issues and situations. Each 24-page illustrated book guides beginning readers in prekindergarten to grade 2 through these experiences and provides a jumping off point for discussion.
The Playing and Learning Together collection models positive approaches for handling a variety of social/emotional issues and situations. This 6-book collection for beginning readers includes one of each of the following books:
- Meeting Mimi (A Story About Different Abilities)
- The Pocket Picture (A Story About Separation Anxiety)
- The Line Rhyme (A Story About Learning New Routines)
- Rosie Ross, Recess Boss (A Story About Problem Solving)
- Fern Finds Her Flock (A Story About Friendship)
- Kate Is so, SO Mad! (A Story About Angry Feelings)
Using simple text and vivid photos, each book in this collection includes a list of words to look for in the text, with callouts that match the word to the image on the page where it appears. Comprehension questions at the end of each book invite readers to connect further with the text.