for Grades PreK–5
Based on researched and proven practices, Thinking Kids’™ Math supports students’ need to learn how to think about, apply, and reason with math concepts so that they can achieve math success.
Thinking Kids’™ Math differs in important ways from traditional math teaching practices. This innovative series is more than just math puzzles and games, it’s built on proven strategies for success:
- Teach concepts from concrete to representational/pictorial to abstract
- Incorporate manipulatives and visuals to represent quantities and to show and teach one’s thinking process in solving a problem
- Explore fewer topics in greater depth
- Sequence topics carefully so that content review is kept to a minimum
- Revisit topics (spiraling) at a higher level each time
- Students learn the meaning of a problem rather than relying on clue words matched to a list of memorized formulas
- Guide students with kid-friendly pictures, language, coaching, think-alouds, and discussion
Thinking Kids’™ Math CenterSOLUTIONS®
Hands-on math learning has never been easier or more fun! Each Thinking Kids’™ Math CenterSOLUTIONS® kit includes 84 eye- catching, full-color cards that students can use with manipulatives or wipe-away markers as they learn to visualize math rather than rely on fact memorization.
Download the Thinking Kids’™ Math Sampler
Plus, download FREE pre- and posttest assessments, helpful for tracking student progress!